Monday, December 8, 2008

Tired and groggy

That's what I am today. Yesterday I left my house at 6:30 am to drive to Mobile (5.5) hours for a 4 hour caroling booking. The booking was great. Beautiful day in Mobile, cute kids everywhere, lots of people who appreciated fine singing from Dickens dressed carolers....
But after singing for four straight hours, we had to get back in the car for another 5.5. The drive home was pretty grueling. I worked the same gig last year and afterward told myself I would never do it again. I reminded myself of that last night as I unlocked my front door at 12:15 with an overwhelming sense of deja-vu.
However I am thankful that our travels were safe, and that I get paid darn god money for sitting in a car and singing some pretty Christmas harmonies. I have no idea how a tiny little tea room in Mobile, AL can afford to book some pretty expensive entertainment, plus pay us for travel and meals (I'm sure they have local singers who could do the job?), but maybe it's a small encouragement that the economy is not in as bad of a slump as we hear....at least not in Mobile anyway.

No comments: