Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Public Letter to G.

Since I started this blog mainly to keep in touch with 1-3 people and I have done a spectacularly poor job of keeping in touch with those friends lately, I thought I would take a moment to blog about how much I miss my friend Greta.
She is one of the few people who seem to understand my weird quirks and not be daunted by them. She is one of the best listeners I know and is not afraid to let you know if she disagrees with something. But the way she disagrees is so lacking in any kind of offensive attitude that it is totally disarming and it helps you to really consider her point of view. Those are a few of the reasons that our friendship is so unique.
When we moved to Atlanta, leaving behind such a loyal and caring friend was one of the hardest parts. Since we've lived here some external things have changed (she is now a mommy!) but overall, our friendship has not. I just hate that we see each other so little and I hate how although B'ham and Atl are not that far apart, we hardly get any face time. I guess we can't avoid sometimes having to move away from friends that you love, but I just wanted to "publicly" say (cause who knows who the heck will end up reading this!) that I miss you G and I wish I got to see ya more!!

1 comment:

Greta said...

First off...thanks for the comment on my "upgrade" (think Beyonce video..."lemme upgrade ya" - hopefull you've seen it). I think it's "me" too and I know exactly what you mean. Secondly, how sweet are you?! While your post is a bit humbling, b/c I don't know that I'm as great of a friend as you make me out to be, it sure does make me feel good. Come see me soon cuz I miss you too!

P.S. I love how we're communicating over blog comments instead of the phone or email, hahaha. I guess it's easier than phone tag, right?;)