Monday, February 25, 2008

A Public letter to A.

I really enjoyed writing my little "letter" to Greta yesterday so I decided to make it a series.
I will now describe another great friendship that has enriched my life. I won't mention her by name since she doesn't blog. Although she lurks on this blog quite often so I think she should start one herself. I mean, she has nothing else going on in her life...
I digress.
This special someone came into my life during my first year as a music major at Samford. A fellow performer/singer we had a few academic connections but little else to link us together. EXCEPT for a certain propensity for....umm....zaniness. Basically she is crazy with a capital C and I love every bit of it. During the next few years she kept me constantly entertained in study sessions, rehearsals, classes with a frightening teacher we called "the remlin", double dates, etc. Through all of this we developed a close and even sisterly bond. Having seen A. through some very tough situations, I can now say I respect and admire her more than I ever have before. Watching her come out on the other side of a situation that could have had terrible effects with her spirit intact is inspirational to me. She is a humble, persevering example of God's grace at work and I am SO GLAD I have been able to see it play out in her life.
So here's to you Canadian Rebel! May your bulletin boards of endless information continue to serve you well in all your future endeavors. I can't wait to see you soon!

My apologies to any readers who are a little confused by this post. It's basically for only one or two people to understand.

No comments: