Monday, November 3, 2008

Back from the dead

Last night I went to blogspot to cancel this blog. It has been almost a year since my last post and I've been very reluctant to write anything for fear it would be misunderstood, or read by someone I don't know who would judge me. Why do I care so much what random strangers think of me?
In the end, I just couldn't cancel and instead decided to spruce up my template, and get back on (in?) the blogosphere! I want to have this connection with my blogging friends, some of whom are linked here and others who aren't. I also love having an outlet for expression. This time around however, I am gonna try my hardest to just be "me" in written form. No constant editing to make sure my words sound eloquent, re-typing stories 6 times to acheive the desired dramatic effect, spending hours agonizing about which photo to add to the post so people I don't even know can see me from the most flattering angle.
Nope, just my stream of consciousness, read by probably only 1 or 2 people, with maybe a few pictures thrown in every now and then to make it slightly more interesting. Hopefully it will include good recipes, good stories, and good communication with my loved ones in the form of commentary and linkage.
I'm going to leave the old stuff up just because I don't feel like messing with it right now, but if you do go back and read it, just know to expect more authenticity in future posts :-)
Here's to a new day!

2 comments:

Greta said...

Well I, for one, can't wait to read. Yea!

Shea said...

Wow, you posted! And, I was so like you at first about blogging, but now I think I forget people are reading. It's more an online journal - sometimes more than others b/c I do have to hold my tongue thinking of my audience occasionally. ;) Hope y'all are doing great!