Tuesday, April 20, 2010

When God says No. (and yes...)

For the past several months I've been praying and longing for 2 specific things. And I do mean specific...I am an obsessive kind of person, so I really formulate in my mind exactly what I expect to happen. I think this character flaw sets me up for a lot of disappointment and frustration. God is patient with me though. He is a good Dad.
Anyway, this week I simultaneously got an answer on both requests at the same time. Only 1 was Yes (including all the specific details, go God!) and the other was a pretty clear No. Or at least a "not now".
So I am in a weird place of feeling overjoyed and sad at the same time. It's the first time I can remember that I've experienced this, but it probably will not be the last. Oy. Life here in this broken world we live in can be so challenging. I am trying to figure out how to live peacefully in the midst of these challenges.
Holla if you feel me....
If this post was too melancholy and you're sitting somewhere that no one will see you drool, I recommend viewing this for a little "pick me up".

1 comment:

Mrs. Page's Page said...

I've been pondering this situation also and realize that Dustin in his wisdom called it. You are in a good place - schooling, job offer, friends, church, home and Decatur. Enjoy this season of your life. The rest will come in due time. God is faithful, He is a loving father who wants the best for you, and He knows what's best. Love, Mom :)