Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday thoughts

Fridays are so great. I love the feeling of the coming weekend. There are very few things that can put me in a bad mood on Friday.
That being said, here are a couple things that have been putting me in a good mood on other days of the week too...
PASTE's music sampler - If you're not familiar with the magazine PASTE, I would highly recommend it (ok, I should probably admit that the editor in chief of the mag is a friend of ours). It's basically a running commentary on music and movies...the best part about it is that each issue comes with a CD that has 15 or so newly released songs by a wide variety of artists. My favorite on this months CD is Fine Line by Little Big Town.
PG Tips Tea
- It is my new morning beverage of choice. This is mainly because I discovered that I like tea with milk and sugar. I spent a couple years forcing unsweetened green tea down my throat as I drove to work because I was convinced it was healthy. The problem is it kind of tastes like boiled dirt and grass clippings. To be fair, I was drinking pretty cheap green tea bags so it probably tastes better if you buy it imported in loose form or something. In any case I went through a coffee phase this summer but always got a bad case of the jitters around 11am. Then I stumbled into Teavana, a really expensive tea store in the mall and an aggressive sales person convinced me I needed a teapot to brew loose tea leaves or my life would remain incomplete. I bought the pot, but grew tired of the flavored matte tea that I got to brew in it. That's when I discovered PG Tips. It's a pretty basic black tea imported from the UK. It's good with nothing added, but since they drink their tea with milk "across the pond" I decided to give it a try. It's delicious! Add a dash of Splenda and it's heavenly. Now my drive to work is so much tastier...and it's just enough caffeine to give me a boost but not enough to make me twitch. I still like coffee with the hubby on weekends, but I'm really glad I discovered tea to brighten my weekday mornings.

In other news, Kelly has a really funny YouTube clip of an American Idol audition posted today. I really don't like American Idol, but since Kelly said it was funny I watched it...and I was laughing out loud. The best part is the arm swing as he heads into the 2nd verse. I recommend viewing :)
Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Greta said...

All I have to say is "tea...bleh".

Anonymous said...

Ok. a) I love the shout out. And I feel honored that you believe me when I say something is funny. and b) PG Tips is the best!! We drank that a ton in England, and I'm thrilled that you've discovered the joys of English tea with milk!

Let's get together for high tea soon!