Monday, January 28, 2008

So far, no good...

Yeah, so the picture thing is not going so well....
I did get Dustin to tell me how to get the pics from the camera to the computer, but I have yet to lug the camera out of wherever it is stored (I don't even know!) and take it with me somewhere that I may have a photo opp.

Ok, how about this: here is an internet picture of what our camera looks like -











See? it's kind of bulky...not ideal for slipping in your purse.
All right, I won't make any more excuses. Maybe you'll get a pic of something in the next few months. So much for New Years resolutions.
Here's a rundown of our weekend:
Dustin came down with a nasty head cold on Friday morning. However we had already made plans with friends for a movie outing so he and john could see Cloverfield. Happily, I followed my hunch that Cloverfield would probably not be the most enjoyable cinematic experience(since the whole film is shot on a camcorder!) and made plans with john's wife to simultaneously see Juno (which by the way is a very cute movie, even if it does portray pre-marital sex as something to cheer for).
Well to make a long story short, when Julie and I walked out of the theatre, John and Dustin were waiting for us as their movie had ended earlier. Dustin was a lovely shade of gray and was sitting with his head in his hands. Apparently the combo of sinus infection and 2 hours of running with camcorder do not go well together, and the movie had induced an episode of motion sickness for poor Dusty. (10 dollars well spent, huh?)
We then enjoyed a grueling ride home from the theatre where I was convinced each and every curve or bump was going to cause Dustin to vomit all over the seats of J&J's car. He never did but my nerve's were shot by the time we got home.
Fell into bed, slept restlessly because of sickness, and awoke on Saturday to drive to B'ham to see Dustin's family. Good times were had by all except poor Dustin who was still feeling miserable from the cold.
Cut to the ride home at 7pm. Dustin suddenly finds himself motion sick again. Repeat of aforementioned nervousness at every curve bump etc., only this time for 2 hours (I really need to get over my throw- up phobia, wouldn't you say?)
Sunday was actually a lot better and even restful and we are now both feeling ready for another week :)
I have yet to experience any symptoms of the cold.
Tonight I am making Greta's Chicken Purses to end this post on a completely random note.
Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Greta said...

You'll have to let me know how they turned out...