Friday, November 7, 2008

An exciting discovery

If you, like me are a nut for all things fall themed and you drink "fake" creamer in your coffee (international delight, coffee mate etc.), then you probably have tried the Pumpkin Spice flavored creamer. I am a fan.
HOWEVER I can't seem to find it in my local stores. All they have is boring stuff like hazelnut and french vanilla. yawn.
This morning I was craving a pumpkiny spicy cup of coffee but all I had in the fridge was 2% milk and personally, if I'm not using "fake" creamer than I'm at least using half&half....
Anyway, I discovered a great replacement for the pumpkin spice creamer and I know you're ready for me to stop rambling so here it is:

1. grate about 1/4 teaspoon of whole nutmeg into your freshly ground coffee before you brew it
2. Pour coffee, add milk, then top with a generous sprinkle of cinnamon
3. Add splenda or sugar to taste....but you probably want to get it moderately sweet to counteract the nutmeg and cinnamon.

It's really good! Even with 2% milk. I think I may even prefer it to the fake stuff.

2 comments:

Greta said...

Um, yum. Sounds delicious AND cheaper :).

But one question, are you now knocking my fake creamer?

Mrs. Page's Page said...

I saw the pumkin pie spice "fake" creamer in Winn Dixie just this am.
I didn't buy it though because I use 2% :)

You can make it for us Thanksgiving!

Love you!!!

PS Love the look of the blog