Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Welcome to my home. No I haven't made BBQ in several weeks, why do you ask?"

I made this for dinner last night. It was very yummy and easy too! The only problem was that the amount of aroma it provided while simmering all day proved to be too much for my little 1950's bungalow.* I woke up about 5 times during the night because the heating vent was blowing essence of barbecue directly in my face.** The smell was so overwhelming it woke me from slumber.
Also today at work I reached over to get my phone out of my purse. As I unzipped the front pouch I was greeted by yet another strong whiff of barbecue. To be fair, I usually keep my purse on a chair near the stove but still!

* I'm pretty sure my house doesn't actually qualify as a true bungalow. But it sounds better :)
** The meat had finished cooking about 7 hours earlier. Crockpot was washed and put away.

3 comments:

Greta said...

Niiiice. Delicious, right?
Thanks for the link ;).

This happened to us one time. I was cooking some kind of chicken in the crockpot. It was the same night Bob and I forgot to set the space heater on auto and woke up thinking we were in the den of hell. Anyway, it was very confusing to wake up to (1) the insane heat and (2) this delicious smell. Of course Bob was like, "are you cooking something?!" and I was like "no! it's the middle of the, oh yea...yea, I am".

Sorry for the c.n. (comment novel)

Mrs. Page's Page said...

How did you find that recipe? Looks and sound great though. :)

Love, Mom

Ashley Wenaas said...

You make me laugh!!